GOLFCHAMPS PTY LTD.
www.golfchamps.net (the Site) is a site operated by Golf Champs Proprietary Limited (we, us or our, as the context requires). We are registered in the Republic of South Africa under company number 2014/164570/07.
Other applicable terms
• Our acceptable use policy is set out in Schedule 1 below (the Acceptable Use Policy).
Accessing the Site
We do not guarantee that the Site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of the Site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security measures, you must treat such information as confidential.
Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights associated with the functionality and design of the Site, and the material published on it. Those works are protected by international copyright laws and treaties. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on the Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on the Site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on the Site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on the Site is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
We cannot guarantee and do not promise any specific results from use of the Site.
Limitation of liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage arising under or in connection with:
• use of, or inability to use, the Site;
• any information displayed on the Site; or
• use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Site.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by any technologically harmful material that may affect your hardware, software or other proprietary material due to your use of the Site or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
Where you believe you have a claim or right of action against any other user of the Site as a result of that user’s use of the Site, you agree to pursue such claim or action independently of and without any demands on us, and you release us from all claims, liability and damages arising from or in any way connected to such claim or action.
In the event that a claim or action is brought against you as a result of your activities or use of the Site, you agree to pay, hold harmless and defend us in the claim or action.
Whenever you upload content to the Site, or make contact with other users of the Site, you must comply with the content standards set out in the Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any content you upload to the Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of the Site.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on the Site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This Acceptable Use Policy sets out the terms between you and us under which you may access the Site.
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use the Site:
• In any way that breaches any applicable law or regulation.
• In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
• For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
• To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards as set out herein.
• To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material.
• To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses or any other harmful programs.
• To access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site.
We may from time to time provide interactive services or features on the Site (the Interactive Features), including, without limitation:
• Chat rooms.
• Bulletin boards.
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any Interactive Feature provided on the Site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service or feature in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Feature we provide on the Site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any Interactive Feature by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of any of our Interactive Features by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. Minors who are using any Interactive Feature should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Any and all material which you contribute to the Site and to any Interactive Feature associated with it (the User Content) must be in accordance with the following standards.
The User Content must:
• Be for the purpose of playing the golf prediction game only.
• Be accurate (where they state facts) and genuine (where they state opinions).
• Adhere to applicable laws in any country from which they are posted.
The User Content must not:
• Contain any material which is defamatory of any person, obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
• Contain any material which promotes sexually explicit material, violence, discrimination (based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age) or any illegal activity.
• Infringe any intellectual property rights of any other person.
• Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
• Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
• Be likely to deceive, harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
• Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this Acceptable Use Policy through your use of the Site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Site.
• Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to the Site.
• Issue of a warning to you.
• Initiate legal proceedings against you.
• Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this Acceptable Use Policy.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Date of birth
• Contact information and e-mail address.
• Home Golf Course
• Country of residence or origin
• Any information relating to golf brands / products
What we do with the information
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• To improve the Site.
• Send promotional/information emails about upcoming and current tournaments.
• To send promotional content from sponsors
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable procedures to safeguard and secure the information we gather.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow us to respond to you as an individual as it enables us to get to know your preferences.
We only use the information obtained from cookies for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
It enables us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not, thereby improving your experience. It does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Links to other websites